Monday, February 1, 2010

I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart...

One of my favorite blogs to read is Ebenezer Stories. Beth is someone that I would love to have tea with and learn from on a daily basis. She participates in 1000 gifts which is beautifully explained here. Oh, I have so many things to be thankful for on a moment-by-moment basis!

1.  For my sweet husband...I mentioned that I would like to change the look of my website, and viola!  I have to be careful of what I mention because he will jump all over it.  Sweet, sweet man!
2.  My lovely daughter, Alex, who spent all Sunday afternoon preparing for her new venture of collecting frozen casseroles for us to take to the Harvest Center in Charlotte.  She made four spaghetti casseroles (and did an amazing job cleaning the kitchen afterwards) and a cute-as-can-be flyer to pass around at dance.
3.  SNOW!  The Lord blessed us with a beautiful covering this weekend.  It was great to clear the docket and just enjoy peace, quiet, and family for the weekend.
4.  Snuggling close with Abigail and reading "Night Journey" by Avi this weekend.
5.  Family devotion times - great reminder today from Exodus 15...God moves mightily in our lives and days later, we can begin to complain.  Lord, help me to thank you in all circumstances.
6.  Great teaching and teachers who share their heart.  I've been so enjoying reading and listening to resources from Mark Gregston.  He has a free ebook, emails etc. to encourage parents of teens.  Good stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the blog. What if I mention that I want to change the look of mine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...you might have to be married to him to get that quick of a response. You could come down here for a visit (hint, hint) and just casually mention it on the first night you're here...I'm guessing by the end of the week...it will be done!

    ReplyDelete