Saturday, July 11, 2009

mouse in the house

California is so cool! San Diego, LA, Pacific Highway, Sequoia, and Yosemite were really fun. Alex and Abigail already blogged about their favorite parts of the trip and they wrote about the same thing I would write. So Im going to write about something different because it would probably get boring reading the same thing three times. We stayed at a house outside of Yosemite and it had a river, bball court, and pool. Last night I was in bed and I heard the something like little feet running and plastic bags being moved around. I looked and next to the couch I was sleeping on was a mouse. Now Im not afraid of mice but I was like "man I wish I could catch that mouse." So me and my dad built a homemade mousetrap. We got a cooking pot and held it up with a chapstick bottle. Then we tied a shoelace to the bottle and I held the other end of the lace. Then we put some peanut butter under the pot. I held the other end of the string and waited for the mouse so that if he came I would pull my end of the string and the pot would fall over him. Now it was probably about 1:30 at night and my dad went to bed. I stayed up and waited for the mouse. 3:30 came around and the mouse still hadnt fallen for the trap.(the only way I stayed awake was by listening to some rock music) I would like to say that the mouse came I pulled the string and caught the mouse. Then I killed it or put it outside(I probably would have killed it) But that didnt happen. I finaly fell asleep and when I woke up the next morning none of the peanut butter was gone. So I wouldnt have caught him anyway. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment